Hello! Thanks to all the parents that attended Volunteer Orientation today! It was great to see so many people there!
Note: In case you were unable to attend, just a heads up that individuals that just recently submitted their form for the background check may have a little bit of a wait. There’s currently about a three-week backlog. If you’re hoping to volunteer for the fun run and you haven’t yet completed your background check, please contact Rosanne Tyson and she will attempt to get your request expedited.
Just wanted to provide a quick overview of the process for logging hours in the volunteer system too for when you’re doing work remotely (or if you forgot to log in on the computer at the school… or if you forgot to log out!) You can also follow these instructions to sign up for an activity.
- Head over to the log-in page. (You can also access this page, by visiting the PTO website, clicking on the VOLUNTEER link and choosing MY VOLUNTEER PAGE APPLICATION FORM. Click on the “Go to volunteer login” link on the right column.)
- Type in your user name and password on the following window. (Can’t remember? You can also reset your credentials too.)
- A new window will pop up.
- To log hours already worked, click on the HOURS link, select Hazeldale Elementary as the organization from the drop-down, choose an Activity (you may need to click on the Active button to get them all to appear), choose the date you volunteered, fill in the amount of time you worked, and then hit Save.
- To sign up for possible volunteer opportunities, click on the OPPORTUNITIES tab and click on the Activity that you’re interested in. In the new window that pops up, just click on the Sign Up button.
Please join us at the school on Wednesday, September 27, at 6 p.m. for Volunteer Orientation.
Come learn more about volunteering at Hazeldale, including how to check in, how to remotely log your hours, how to sign up for different volunteer opportunities, and how to operate the photocopiers and other machines in the Production Room.
If you haven’t already done so, please head over here to complete the background check form for volunteers too!
Beaverton School District just posted a back to school information “packet” online, containing a wealth of information, including:
- School schedules
- Info about early release on Wednesdays
- Holiday/closure calendar for next school year
- Details about how to sign up to volunteer at school
- Info about the Clothes Closet
- How to sign up for school and district text messages
Be sure to check it out here!
The end of school is coming up quick and our teachers will need to have all their supplies and equipment packed up right afterward!
Have some time to help? The main thing the staff can use help with right now is assembling moving boxes with the proper amount of tape on the bottom. There is, indeed, a correct way to tape the bottom of the moving boxes and we can show you how, if you’re willing to assemble and tape!
Just sign in on the volunteer computer and then stop in at the office for directions!
Spring has sprung, and that means Field Day is just around the corner! Field Day is scheduled for Friday, June 16, 2017. Students enjoy a day filled with fun and games as part of their end of the school year celebration.
With over 20 activities scheduled, we need SEVERAL volunteers to help make this day a success! Volunteering is open to families of Hazeldale students.
- Set Up: 7:00 am Parent volunteers and 5th grade student helpers
- AM: 9:30 am to 11 am Primary grades—Kinder, 1st and 2nd grades
- PM: 1 pm to 2:30 pm Intermediate grades—3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. PM volunteers help bring in equipment/clean up.
Attention ALL Volunteers: ALL volunteers need to complete a profile on the new system to volunteer with the Beaverton School District. Please go to this link and register NOW so you don’t forget! http://bit.ly/1O8hUfc And then fill out and send in the Field Day Volunteer Form. Please make sure the name submitted is the same that is on this form.
Any questions? Please contact Mr. Lynn and Mr. Coli!
Just a few photos from yesterday’s volunteer appreciation luncheon. It was lovely — with Cafe Yumm bowls, beautiful cupcakes and decorations, and a spectacular performance from the Hazeldale Hawk Singers!
Thank you for putting on such a fun event!
We are still in need of additional volunteers for the Art Literacy program! Our next training is Friday, January 20, 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. in the library… and then the actual class presentation would follow. (This month, we’re teaching the kids about Pierre Auguste Renoir! And then, we’re down to just three more presentations after that for the school year.) Several classes still don’t have their own volunteer!
Additional information about the art literacy program is available here: http://hazeldaleartliteracy.weebly.com/
It’s a lot of fun and doesn’t take a lot of time! Interested in checking it out? Show up to the training… or contact Becky Solonika or Meredith Middaugh via the Art Literacy Contact Page.
The Santa Breakfast is coming up this Saturday, December 3, and we are still in need of some additional volunteers to help out, particularly with set-up and clean-up.
Set-up will take place after school on Friday, December 2, at 3:15pm. Clean up will be needed Saturday, December 3, immediately after the event.
Just a reminder that the breakfast will take place this year at Hazeldale, as Cooper Mountain Presbyterian, who usually hosts the event, is still under renovation.